Our accounts team are available 8am - 4pm business days and we can be contacted on (08) 9340 6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org
An estimate of your hospital / out of pocket expenses will be provided to you prior to your admission. If applicable, payment is required at the time of your admission and can be made by cash, credit card (Visa, Mastercard & American Express) and Eftpos. You may also be required to make a further payment for additional accommodation and pharmacy costs on discharge.
Please note that the amount payable by you on admission is an estimate only. An itemised account will be issued after your discharge which may include any additional expenses incurred.
What you need to know:
- PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE PATIENTS:
We will submit a claim for payment of your hospital account to your private health fund on your behalf. We recommend that, for your own peace of mind, you contact your private health fund to ensure that they will cover you for the services being provided. You will be required to pay for any services not covered by your fund.
- UNINSURED (INCLUDING OVERSEAS) PATIENTS:
Payment of your estimated hospital costs is required at least 24 hours prior to your admission. Any additional accommodation or pharmacy costs will be payable on discharge. An account for your actual costs will be issued after your discharge; this will include any further amounts payable for additional expenses incurred.
- WORKERS’ COMPENSATION AND MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE PATIENTS:
Your claim must be approved by the relevant insurance company prior to your admission. If the Hospital is unable to obtain acceptance of liability for hospital costs from the insurance company, you will be required to pay your estimated hospital costs at the time of your admission and accept financial responsibility for any further expenses incurred.
You may also receive accounts from the following providers:
- DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS’ AFFAIRS PATIENTS:
- Gold Card holders: We will submit a claim for payment of your hospital account to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs on your behalf. Payment for services not covered by DVA will be payable on discharge.
- White Card holders: The Hospital must receive approval for your hospitalisation from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs prior to your admission. Payment for services not covered by DVA will be payable on discharge.
- Allied Health
Any queries relating to these accounts should be directed to the provider concerned.
Please note that Medicare benefits are not payable for Private Hospital charges, you may however be able to claim for the services provided by the above specialities. For further information please contact the relevant provider.
APHA Brochure: Am I adequately covered for private hospital care?
For more information regarding your Hospital account please call our Patient Accounts team on
(08) 9340 6318.